Make Your Own Spice Blends
At GOLO, we love spices! Who doesn’t? Without them, all of our food would be bland. You may think that the spice blends on the grocery store shelves are safe but unfortunately, that’s not the case. Believe it or not, many spice blends contain very harmful ingredients. They contain MSG, anti-caking agents, artificial colors, artificial flavors, preservatives, soy and corn derivatives that are mostly likely GMO. Mostly spices are also “sterilized” with small doses of radiation. (Eeek!) It’s super easy to make the blends that you find at the store and what’s better is you’ll be saving money! Think about the cost of a taco seasoning packet that lasts you one time – mix it together yourself and you are saving about 90%. Plus, you probably already have all the spices you need to make these recipes! Note: Make sure to check the label when you purchase the spices to make sure that they don’t contain any additional ingredients. We also recommend buying organic when possible.
Tip: Try adding one of these seasonings to your next GOLO SuperFuel recipe!!
- Taco Seasoning ¼ cup chili powder ¼ cup cumin powder 1 tbsp. garlic powder 1 tbsp. onion powder 1 tsp. oregano 2 tsp. paprika 1 tsp. ground pepper ¼ cup Pink Himalayan sea salt (optional)
- Italian Seasoning ½ cup dried basil ½ cup marjoram ½ cup dried oregano ¼ cup dried rosemary ¼ cup dried thyme 2 tbsp. garlic powder (optional)
- Cajun Seasoning ½ cup paprika 1/3 cup Pink Himalayan sea salt ¼ cup garlic powder 2 tbsp. black pepper 2 tbsp. onion powder 1 tbsp. cayenne 2 tbsp. oregano 1 tbsp. thyme
- Ranch Seasoning 1/3 cup dried parsley 1 tbsp. dill leaf 1 tbsp. garlic powder 1 tbsp. onion powder ½ tsp. dried basil ½ tsp. black pepper
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning Zest from 4-6 organic lemons (or ½ cup pre-dried lemon zest) 6 tbsp. ground black pepper (or peppercorns if you are using fresh lemon) 5 tbsp. Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Fajita Seasoning ¼ cup chili powder 2 tbsp. Pink Himalayan sea salt 2 tbsp. paprika 1 tbsp. onion powder 1 tbsp. garlic powder 1 tsp. cayenne 1 tbsp. cumin
- French Onion Soup Mix ½ cup dried onion flakes or dehydrated onion slices 1 tsp. onion powder 1 tsp. garlic powder ½ tsp. celery salt ½ tsp. pepper 1 tsp. dried parsley 1 tsp. Pink Himalayan Sea salt 1 tsp. turmeric (optional)
- Jamaican Jerk Seasoning ¼ cup onion powder 2 tbsp. Pink Himalayan sea salt 2 tbsp. Thyme 2 tsp. ground allspice 1 tbsp. cinnamon 1 tsp. cayenne (optional)
- Asian Seasoning 2 tbsp. anise powder 1 tbsp. pepper 1 tbsp. ground fennel 1 tbsp. cinnamon 1 tbsp. ground cloves 1 tbsp. Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Curry Seasoning ½ cup paprika ¼ cup cumin 1 tbsp. fennel powder 2 tbsp. ground mustard powder 1 tbsp. ground red pepper flakes ¼ cup turmeric 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1 tbsp. ground cardamom (optional) ½ tsp. cloves powder (optional) 3 tbsp. ground coriander (optional) 2 tbsp. fenugreek powder (optional)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice ¼ cup cinnamon 1 tsp. ground ginger 2 tsp. nutmeg 2 tsp. allspice powder ½ tsp. ground cloves
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the health, wellness & weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
“14 Homemade Spice Blends.” Wellness Mama®, 15 Mar. 2012, wellnessmama.com/4430/homemade-spice-blends/. Accessed 19 Jan. 2022.