Foods for Thought: Cucumbers
Cucumbers are great for weight loss, but they have many more benefits as well. Check out these fun facts about this little green veggie:
- The term “cool as a cucumber” isn’t just because they have so many health benefits (which naturally is super cool) but because of its ability to cool the temperature of our blood!
- Perhaps you had one too many drinks last night? Well, cucumbers contain sugars, B vitamins and electrolytes to help replenish the nutrients you may have lost.
- Got a case of bad breath? Snack on a few cucumber slices and it will be gone, naturally!
- Cucumbers can help with hydration because guess what? They are 95% water!
- These green veggies are also fantastic for digestion because of the soluble fiber they contain. They can also help with constipation and make you more regular because of their diuretic properties.
- Cucumbers can help reduce inflammation, and because they contain plant sterols and pectin, they may also help keep your cholesterol in check!
- And as if all of that that wasn’t enough, they are full of Vitamin C and antioxidants that will keep your skin healthy and glowing!
Cucumbers are a simple food and can easily be grown in your backyard garden (or even in a pot on the patio) during the summer. Ready to add more cucumbers to your diet? Check out some of our delicious cucumber recipes like the Cucumber Mint Lemonade or the Mexican Cucumber Salad.
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and has not been evaluated by the FDA. Consult your doctor before starting GOLO or any weight loss program and before reducing or eliminating any medications.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!