Busting Weight Loss Myths
There is a lot of information out there about weight loss. It can be hard to recognize myth from fact. So today, we are going to bust a few weight loss myths for you!
- Healthy food always costs more- This is just not true. If you go to the grocery store, you will see that the junk food costs a lot more.
- The less fat I eat, the better- There are good fats and bad fats. The good ones, like omega-3 fatty acids, which the body cannot produce on its own, help with brain function and development and research even shows that they can help fight other ailments.
- If it says “organic,” then it must be healthy- Organic junk food is still junk food. For example, if you see an “organic” Oreo-like cookie, it is still processed, it is just that the main components were farmed organically. It is important to read your labels!
- Eggs cause high cholesterol- There is a lot of research available that will tell you that this is NOT true. In some ways, eggs are a perfect food- full of antioxidants, proteins and nutrients. Another thing that you need to realize is that the yolk is essentially the most nutritious part of the egg- full of healthy fats that our bodies need.
- Zero-calorie, sugar-free foods and drinks will help me lose weight- This is a gigantic no! Putting 0 calories or no sugar means nothing if you actually look at the ingredients. These products are heavily processed and should be avoided at all costs.
- If I don’t eat carbs, I will lose weight faster- Carbohydrates are essential to a balanced diet and are the only form of energy that your brain recognizes and the body does not store them.
Those are the most common myths about weight loss out there.
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!