10 Ways To Use Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are tiny wonders! They contain protein, calcium, Omega-3s, and antioxidants. Chia seeds can also give you energy, support digestion, and even aid in weight loss!
Here are 10 interesting and creative ways you can use them to improve your overall health:
- Grind your chia seeds into a powder and use them as a thickener
- If you are vegan or just want to try an egg substitute, use 1 tablespoon of ground chia seeds + 3 tablespoons of water per egg in a recipe that requires baking.
- Use ground chia seeds instead of breadcrumbs to bind meatballs.
- Add them to your Overnight Oats recipe – add 1-2 Tbsp to thicken.
- Make homemade energy gel! Add a couple Tbsp. of chia seeds to a cup of coconut water and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Make chia sprouts to add to salads. Put some chia seeds in water, drain them, and keep them in a jar for a couple of days. Every 12 hours add water and drain it. In about 2 days you will have little chia sprouts!
- Treat your sweet tooth to chia pudding. This quick and healthy snack is easy to make!
- Add chia seeds to your stir fry for a little extra protein.
- Add chia seeds to your favorite smoothie recipe for added protein. Try our Triple Berry Smoothie.
- Grind chia seeds to make a chia seed flour.
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!