Lunch or Dinner
Makes: 4 servings
Each serving contains: 1 protein, 2* carbs, 1 veg, 1 fat
*This recipe contains an extra carb that can be earned with a bonus serving
- 4 (6 oz.) bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp each minced fresh thyme, sage & rosemary
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled & chopped into cubes
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, sliced into halves
- 2 cups apple, cored & sliced
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 3 slices uncured bacon, chopped into 1-inch thick pieces
- Preheat oven to 450 °F. Pour 2 Tbsp olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs into a gallon size resealable bag.
- Add chicken, season with salt and pepper. Seal bag and massage mixture over chicken while working to evenly distribute herbs. Set aside and let rest while chopping veggies.
- Place sweet potato, brussel sprouts, apples and shallot on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil. Toss evenly to coat and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread into an even layer then set chicken over veggie/fruit mixture. Sprinkle bacon evenly over veggie/fruit mixture.
- Roast in preheated oven until chicken and veggies are golden brown, about 30 minutes (chicken should register 165° in center).
- Note: Broil during last few minutes for a more golden skin on chicken if desired.
- Separate into 4 equal servings and serve immediately. Enjoy!