Lunch or Dinner
One Pan Turkey and Zucchini
Makes 4 Servings
Each serving contains: 2 proteins, 1 carb, 2 veg, 1 fat
- 18oz Ground Turkey
- 1 Cup Onion, diced
- 4 tsp Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ Cup White Wine
- 1 ½ Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Orecchiette Pasta, uncooked
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 4 Cups Zucchini, sliced
- 1 Cup Asparagus, chopped
- 2 Cups Frozen Peas
- Zest from 1 Lemon
- 2 oz Almonds, sliced
- ¼ Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the Turkey until no pink remains. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add Butter and Onion and cook until translucent and then add the Garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the White Wine, scraping up the bits of Onion from the bottom of the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add Chicken Stock, Orecchiette Pasta, Salt, and the cooked Turkey into the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add Zucchini and Asparagus and cook for another 10 minutes, or until Pasta is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the Lemon Zest and Frozen Peas. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Serve with Almonds and Parmesan Cheese. About 2 Tbsp Almonds and 1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese per serving.