Lunch or Dinner
Kale, Avocado, and Chickpea Salad
Kale, Avocado and Chickpea Salad
Makes 1 serving
Each serving contains: 1 protein, 1 carb, 2 veg, 1 fat
- ½ cup avocado, diced
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado Oil
- 3 Tbsp sunflower seeds (hemp seeds work too)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Use ¼ cup of the avocado and put into a mixing bowl. Add ½ of the lemon juice and a little bit of salt and mash together.
- Add the chopped kale and massage together by hand or with a spatula in with the avocado until the kale becomes tender.
- Dice the remaining avocado into bite sizes pieces and add to the Kale. Top with chickpeas.
- In a small separate bowl mix the oil, remaining lemon juice, salt and pepper. Drizzle on salad and toss to combine.
- Top with sunflower seeds.
Photo credit: Leslie Kaplan - Monsen