Workout Tips and Tunes to Get You Moving!
Now that summer is officially here, it’s time to go outside and get moving. We’ve got a great list of activities you can do to get your heart pumping and the perfect summer playlist to match. With so many activities to choose from, you’re bound to find something that will keep you active all summer long.
Not only does staying active provide an excuse to get outside and take advantage of the warmer weather, exercising has many health-related benefits. It can help maintain weight loss, combat health conditions, improve your mood, and boost your energy. It also helps rev up metabolism so your body can burn stored fat.
Remember to start slow, stay hydrated, and wear appropriate footwear for your activity (unless your activity is walking on the beach, in which case, no footwear required!)
Here’s a list of fun activities you can do outside this summer!
- Walking on the Beach
- Water Aerobics
- Washing your Car
- Gardening/Yard Work
- Miniature Golf
- Roller Blading
Exercise is better together! Try these exercise ideas with family or friends:
- Put some music on and DANCE! Invite your kids and spouse to join you.
- Start with stretching or a yoga or tai chi class to help you gain flexibility and increase movement.
- Join a club with your favorite activity like hiking, golf, cycling, or tennis.
- Combine playtime and exercise. Try kickball, basketball, or kick around a soccer ball.
No matter what you do, be sure to pick an activity you enjoy so it doesn’t even feel like exercise. You’re just having fun in the sun!
Crank up the volume and the fun with GOLO’s Workout Playlist.
Music is the universal language and there’s something about great music that gets our hearts pumping and our bodies moving to the beat. That’s why our team at GOLO has put together a playlist of our favorite songs to work out to. How many of your personal favorites made our list?
- Twist and Shout — The Beatles
- Paint It, Black — The Rolling Stones
- Break on Through (To the Other Side) — The Doors
- Whole Lotta Love — Led Zeppelin
- Don't Stop Me Now — Queen
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough — Michael Jackson
- ABC — The Jackson 5
- Honky Cat — Elton John
- Rock And Roll All Nite — KISS
- Push It — Salt-N-Pepa
- Home Sweet Home — Motley Crüe
- Jump — Van Halen
- Bust A Move — Young MC
- Whip It — DEVO
- Jump Around — House Of Pain
- Gettin' Jiggy Wit It — Will Smith
- Jumpin' Jumpin' — Destiny's Child
- Smells Like Teen Spirit — Nirvana
- U Can't Touch This — MC Hammer
- Stronger — Britney Spears
- Bulletproof — La Roux
- Temperature — Sean Paul
- Can't Stop — Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Born This Way — Lady Gaga
- Shake It Off — Taylor Swift