Veggie Breakfast Skillet
Veggie Breakfast Skillet*
Makes 1 Serving
Each serving contains: 2 proteins, 2 carbs, 1 veg, 1 fat
*This recipe contains an extra carb that can be earned with a bonus serving.*
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Onions, chopped
- 1 Cup Mini Red Potatoes, diced
- ¼ Cup Zucchini, diced
- ¼ Cup Green Bell Pepper, diced
- ¼ Cup Tomatoes, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add Olive Oil, Onions, and Potatoes.
- Cook for 4 minutes in a single layer, without stirring, or until Potatoes are lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in Bell Peppers, Zucchini, Salt, and Pepper; cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from the skillet and place in a serving bowl. Keep bowl covered and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in Tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium low, crack Eggs into pan.
- Quickly scramble Eggs with spatula, until almost fully cooked.
- Stir Eggs into Vegetables until well combined.
- Serve hot.
Photo Credit: Rosa Vairo Thivener