Breakfast , Dessert
Makes 12 Servings
Serving size 1 muffin
Each serving contains: 0 proteins, 1 carb, 0 veg, 0 fat
- 1 cup, plus 1 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, diced or sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use organic cooking spray to coat a 12 count muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, oats, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, honey, milk and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined.
- Coat strawberries with 1 Tbsp flour and then fold into the muffin batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups (fill to the top).
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool before removing them from the pan.
Photo Credit: Rosa Vairo Thivener