Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Makes 4 servings
Each serving contains: 2 proteins, 0 carbs, 1 veg, 0 fat
- 1.5 lbs. of chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 ¼ cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tsp. onion powder
- 1 ½ tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Sea salt to taste after cooking
- Black pepper to taste after cooking
- Place olive oil and chicken in the bottom of crock pot and cover with onions, mushrooms, and peppers.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except Salt, and mix together to create a sauce
- Pour the sauce over the Chicken and Vegetables. Make sure that sauce reaches the bottom of the crock pot to prevent burning
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours (some slow cookers cook faster than others), may have to stir occasionally to avoid sticking at bottom/burning.
- Separate out into 4 equal servings.
Serving Suggestion: Serve over Whole Wheat Pasta or Zucchini Noodles Serving Suggestion for
ReSet 7: 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, 1/2 cup cooked potatoes/ sweet potatoes, or 1/2 cup of fruit on the side.
Photo Credit - Amber Rush Myers