*This recipe only yields 1 protein for each serving. You can choose to double the protein amount or add an additional protein serving to create a 2 protein per serving meal!*
Makes: 4 Servings
Each serving contains: 1 protein, 0 carbs, 1 veg, 1 fat
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp flour (or rice flour)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cups celery, diced
- 1/2 cups bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning (see recipe below)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb. shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- Hot Sauce, sea salt & pepper to taste
- Add the Olive Oil to a large sauce pan over medium heat. When Oil is hot, sprinkle in the flour while mixing and simmer, stirring frequently, about 10-20 minutes.
- Add the onion, celery and peppers, garlic, thyme, broth & tomatoes to the pan and cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add Cajun seasoning and Worcestershire sauce and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and simmer until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and season with hot sauce, sea salt and pepper to taste.
GOLO Cajun Seasoning:
- ½ cup paprika
- ½ cup pink Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ cup garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. cayenne
- 2 Tbsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. thyme
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
Photo Credit - Deanna Dolan