Lunch or Dinner
Mexican Chicken Stir Fry
Mexican Chicken Stir-fry
Makes 2 servings
Each serving contains: 2- protein, 0- carbs, 2- veg, 1- fat
- 12 oz chicken breast, cut in strips
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cups red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup jalapeno peppers
- Combine oil, garlic, cumin and oregano and mix well.
- Heat half of the oil mixture in a skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes and then add onion and peppers. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining oil mixture to the skillet along with the chicken. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes and then return vegetables to the pan until thoroughly heated.
- Separate into 2 equal servings and enjoy!
Photo Credit: Barbara Merrill