Breakfast , Dessert
Green Chia Seed Pudding
Green Chia Seed PuddingMakes: 1 serving
Each serving contains: 2 protein, 1 carbs, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (canned variety preferred)
- 1 tsp. Honey (use maple syrup to make vegan)
- 1 cup Spinach (you can really just grab a handful and toss it in, no need to measure)
- 3 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup fruit of your choice
- Suggestion - 1/4 cup sliced bananas & 1/4 cup blueberries. Or 1/2 cup of one fruit
- 2 oz. Walnuts (chopped)
- Sprinkle of Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (optional)
- Add coconut milk, honey and spinach to a blender and blend until very smooth.
- In a medium bowl, add the liquid to the chia seeds and stir to combine.
- Let sit for about 15 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, stir again and top with fruit, walnuts and coconut flakes (if using).
- Another type of milk could be used if preferred such as almond, hemp, flax, or oat. However, coconut milk lends a sweetness that the others do not.
- If it is too sweet for your tastes, you could use 1/2 cup coconut milk and 1/2 cup of another non-dairy milk. And/or eliminate the honey.
- Canned coconut milk is preferred but will usually be separated when you open the can. In order to blend before using, remove the contents from the can and add to a bowl with a lid or a jar. Put lid on container and shake until the coconut cream is no longer separated from the coconut water. Then measure out the amount you are using for the recipe.