Lunch or Dinner
Makes: 2 servings
Serving Size: 1 fillet
Each serving contains: 2- proteins, 0- carbs, 0- veg, 1- fat
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 (6oz) salmon fillets
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Season salmon with 1 tsp Cajun seasoning and black pepper then add to the skillet skin-side up. Cook for about 6 minutes or until golden brown then flip and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter and garlic to the skillet. When butter has melted, stir in broth, lemon juice, honey 1 tsp Cajun seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat and add salmon back to the skillet. Simmer about 3 minutes or until the sauce is reduced and the salmon is cooked through.