Lunch or Dinner
Almond Crusted Cod
Almond Crusted Cod *ReSet7 approved, Gluten Free
Makes: 1 serving
Each serving contains: 2 proteins, 0 carbs, 0 veg, 1 fat
- 6 oz cod fillet
- 1 Tbsp almonds, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce (if not Gluten-free)
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- Mix together honey, 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, tamari sauce and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil over medium heat in a pan. While pan is heating, mix together sesame seeds and almonds.
- Brush the fish with honey-tamari mixture and then cover the top in the almond/sesame seed mixture.
- Place fillet, crust down, in the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.
- When fish is cooked transfer to a serving plate and top with the remaining honey-tamari/soy sauce.