Metabolic Health is the Key to Weight Management
Whether this is your first diet or you have tried multiple diets you need to read this information for the truth about dieting and weight loss, as losing weight the wrong way will just set you on a path of “yoyo” dieting for life. If you are already there and gain weight easily despite dieting and have a sluggish metabolism or have serious health issues GOLO can help you reverse this trend, quickly
This is not a 300-page book that will take you days to read with information to justify the cost of the book. This short metabolic explanation will help you understand why dieting the wrong way can not only cause you to become more efficient at gaining weight but can also have a catastrophic effect on your overall health, gut health and metabolism. Once you understand the role food and behavior plays in metabolic health, you will be in control, not the diet and processed food industries.
Have you ever wondered why two people of similar body type and size can eat identical diets and experience completely different results? For example, person A maintains a healthy normal weight, a normal body mass index and feels great. However, person B gains weight quickly, stores visceral fat, suffers from fatigue, and has an increased body mass index. Person A is metabolically efficient, while person B lives in a state of metabolic dysfunction.
A person with a healthy metabolism will convert most food consumed to short term energy needs and for energy between meals, with little or no fat storage. By contrast, a person with metabolic dysfunction will tend to utilize less nutrients and energy for immediate use or between meals and instead store too many calories as fat. This leaves the metabolic impaired person susceptible to fatigue, hunger and cravings and low blood sugar.
What is Metabolic Dysfunction?
Some indicators of metabolic dysfunction include:
- Fat storage, belly fat or weight gain
- Poor digestion
- Hunger and cravings
- Low energy and fatigue
- High insulin levels or insulin resistance
Understanding the Facts About Metabolism
Your metabolism is not something you turn on or off like the diet industry would have you believe. The fact is, the health of your metabolism is not measured only by speed but rather by metabolic performance and efficiency. Several factors play a role in how efficient your metabolism is, including digestion of food and transportation and absorption of nutrients for energy, hormone levels, processed foods and thermogenesis.
What makes your metabolism more powerful and efficient?
- The strength of your digestion and its ability to absorb and transform nutrients into energy
- Your body’s ability to synthesize proteins and other substances needed for effective health maintenance
- Balanced hormone levels--particularly insulin, leptin and cortisol
What can weaken your metabolism?
- Insulin Resistance that makes it easier to store fat and harder to burn it
- Consuming highly processed foods, zero calorie beverages and diet shakes, bars and other meal replacements loaded with preservatives, additives which can be difficult to digest and lack the proper nutrients for overall health
- Skipping meals, which can put your body in fat storage mode
- Low fat and low carb diet products and diets that cause nutritional imbalances or deficiencies
- Unbalanced meals that spike glucose and insulin levels making it difficult to lose weight
Fat Loss vs. Muscle Loss
It’s no secret that to lose weight you need to create a caloric deficit. To lose one pound per week you need to create a caloric deficit of 3500 calories which equals 500 calories per day. To keep weight loss to fat, and not muscle or water, and to keep it off, you don’t want to lose more than 1-2 pounds per week.
If you tried to lose or a diet company promised you that you could lose 5 pounds in 1 week you would need to eat 24,500 less calories than your Base Metabolic Rate (how many calories to maintain your weight). A normal BMR is about 2,000 calories or 14,000 per week. The bottom line is, it’s scientifically impossible to lose 5 pounds of FAT per week.
Yes, you may have gone on a crash diet and see a 5-pound loss on the scale but it will not be fat. It will be a combination of fat, water, and muscle.
As you will learn below, every time you crash diet you lose more muscle, making it easier and easier to gain the weight back each time you diet. In addition to muscle loss, excessive calorie reduced diets and diets that cut healthy fats and carbs just leave you tired and with hunger and cravings.
The secret to sustainable weight loss is to eat more food, not less while optimizing your metabolism and maintaining healthy insulin levels so lose fat. That’s why on GOLO you not only lose weight but real inches and size.
What happens if I lose muscle, are there any long-term effects?
Losing muscle as opposed to losing fat can be very damaging to your overall health. Muscle cells contain hundreds if not thousands of mitochondria, which are the site of energy production that powers our cells! Therefore, it’s extremely important to maintain our muscle mass and focus on re-establishing a healthy metabolism and ideal weight.
Metabolic health depends on lean muscle mass, and every time you lose muscle during a diet your make your metabolism less efficient. When you go off the diet you gain weight easier.
Think of it this way; if your body fat percentage was 25% and you lost 50 lbs. and 50% of the weight lost was muscle (25 lbs.) and you gained the 50 lbs. back it will be all fat and now your body fat percentage is 37.5%.
Every time you diet the wrong way and gain the weight back your body fat percentage and BMI will go up and your critical lean body mass will go down.
Is there a wrong way to lose weight?
- Any diet that causes hunger, fatigue, irritability and is not sustainable long-term
- Cutting healthy fats and carbs or restricting calories
- Losing muscle and healthy water weight during dieting (see above-GOT it!)
Here’s what the diet industry wants you to believe:
- Lose 5-10 pounds a week! Not only is this unrealistic, it’s extremely unhealthy
- Weight loss is only about the number on the scale
- Unhealthy diet products are just as good as whole foods
- Just eat packaged diet foods and lose the weight
- You can speed up your metabolism with diet pills and lose weight quickly!
The best. Highly recommend.
“Best thing ever. Won’t even call it a diet, just the right way to eat without starving. Great on cravings and controls appetite. Reached my goal in 3 months just like indicated. Will never try anything else, and affordable.” ~ Frances
Awesome Weight Loss!
“I’ve have been using Golo for about 10 months, my Doctor was very pleased in my weight loss as well as my Diabetes. After six months into using the product I took my A-1C test and she said whatever you doing keep it up. If you are struggling with diabetes this product will definitely lower A-1C number. Finally found something that works. Thanks Golo, I love it.” ~ Terena
Many of our GOLO members that have lost weight with GOLO and kept it off. They told us they have been dieting for 20 years or more, losing and gaining the same pounds again and again.
The problem is, dieters get desperate and need a quick fix to lose 10 to 20 pounds quickly. They crash diet and lose the weight, but lose it too fast, and the diet is unsustainable before they reach their goal and they gain it back. All that effort for nothing!
On GOLO you will consistently lose 1 to 2 pounds a week until you reach you goal. Think of how amazing it would be if you could diet only 1 time ever again and lose 50 to 100 pounds in 1 year for good and keep it off.
What else affects your metabolism and metabolic health?
Whole foods contain enzymes, vitamins, good bacteria and other essential nutrients that the body needs for optimal gut health, and good overall health, including metabolic health. Simply put, fresh foods turn into energy the body uses, unlike processed foods that are difficult for the body to process, damage gut bacteria, and are difficult to digest.
Cortisol is a stress-related hormone that can affect fat storage, specifically in the abdominal area. Diet products, conventional diets, food or calorie restriction can all increase stress, which in turn can increase cortisol production. And, research has shown a correlation between cortisol and insulin resistance. Reducing chronic stress and cortisol production is critical to good metabolic health and an efficient metabolism. Stimulant based diet pills (with caffeine) increase stress and create a nervous stimulation and not a metabolic stimulation.
Insulin and Leptin:
In a dysfunctional state, your body becomes resistant to critical hormones. Insulin and leptin are two of the most important hormones in your body, which directly affect your metabolism and overall health. If your body becomes insensitive to leptin and insulin, levels of these hormones tend to go up and up while your body becomes more and more resistant to their effect. This can lead to an increase in appetite, uncontrollable weight gain, and eventually to health conditions like diabetes. This can become a vicious cycle, especially when associated with unsafe conventional dieting
Thermogenesis is the process by which energy is expended during digesting, absorbing and metabolizing the food you consume. Studies have shown that whole foods burn more calories-provide more energystore less fat than processed foods and by as much as 50%. Eating whole foods will not only make you healthier and give you more energy, you also will be creating a positive metabolic effect and enhancing your weight loss.
Healthy Hunger vs. Low Blood Sugar
There is a difference. Low calorie processed diets and foods create low blood sugar which creates diet fatigue, diet fog and hunger and cravings. So guess what you reach for to compensate? Sugar. Many dieters blow their diet on the day they start because it’s just impossible to sustain.
Diet companies tell you to snack every 2 hours to keep your energy up. That’s because their low fat and low carb meals don’t sustain you. When you snack and especially if you snack on the wrong foods or combinations of foods you spike blood sugar levels and corresponding insulin levels which triggers fat storage. Many of these diet companies also want you to buy their high profit processed snacks. Or, they want to keep you grazing all day so you don’t feel deprived.
If you eat a balanced GOLO meal most people will not need a snack between meals because energy levels are high and your body is in ‘fat burning’ mode. Even if you start to feel a little hungry before your next meal, it’s a good sign and means you are in control.
To maximize fat loss you should only snack if the time between meals is going to be more than 4 hours and then you should have a balanced snack with a protein and carb. For example; if you have lunch at 12 mid-day but know you will not eat dinner until 8pm have a healthy balance snack at around 3:30pm to 4pm.
Why would you ever consider snacking on a nutritionally deficient processed snack? The following is just one example of a GOLO snack. You could replace the apple and egg with whole milk yogurt and half a banana or a slice of bread and chicken or turkey. You generate energy, create a greater thermogenesis effect, feel better and save money.
Let’s Summarize What You Have Learned:
- The majority of the diet industry does not have your best interests at heart
- Eating processed foods and diet meal replacement products reduces metabolic efficiency and will lead to metabolic dysfunction
- Preserving your muscle is key to lasting weight loss
- Starving yourself is a pre curser to failure
- The way you diet affects your overall health
Why is GOLO right for me?
With GOLO you can change your metabolic efficiency and health by making a few simple changes in your lifestyle, approach to food and behavior.
- Maintain healthy glucose and insulin levels so you maintain steady energy throughout the day and release stored fat.
- We help you transition away from processed foods including all diet products
- We teach you how to include healthy carbohydrates and fats as a part of your GOLO diet.
- You get to eat substantial balanced meals so you stay full all day, maintain good energy, and avoid hunger and cravings. GOLO meals keep your insulin steady throughout the day, avoiding the highs and lows of blood sugar levels.
- We teach you how to enjoy the foods you love in a balanced way to avoid sabotaging your weight loss.
- We encourage you work with your doctor by monitoring your labs so you can see the health improvements you make by improving your metabolic health.
Your GOLO Plan
- Follow the GOLO Rescue Plan. We’ve done the work for you and developed an easy to follow system that helps you lose weight without muscle loss, and help improve your metabolic health. With exercise you can even gain some muscle back.
- Aim for 15 minutes of exercise every day. Just a short walk and a few stretches can improve hormone levels and increase energy. No excuses, make the effort!
- Commit to one lifestyle change every week like exercising more, or cutting soda or processed foods.A positive change like bringing your GOLO lunch to work instead of going through the fast food line.
- Enhance your efforts with GOLO’s Release supplement. Release provides powerful metabolic support for your body and helps you feel better.
About Our Patented Release Supplement
At GOLO we know that one of the keys to lasting weight loss is to feel better as you diet. If you feel better you make better decisions because you have more energy and motivation to keep going towards your goals. If you don’t feel your best yet, consider GOLO’s patented Release supplement.
Release contains the essential minerals zinc, chromium, and magnesium that many of us are deficient in. These minerals, along with seven plant-based ingredients, can help relieve inflammation and oxidative stress, so feel better as your metabolic health heals.
Many of our members have seen enhanced success during their weight loss journey when pairing the GOLO Rescue Plan with GOLO’s Release® supplement. It contains seven all-natural plant-based ingredients and three minerals. Release is a patented formula designed to help you heal metabolic dysfunction by relieving oxidative stress, maintaining a healthy inflammatory response and encouraging proper cellular function. Release is designed to benefit anyone who wants to restore or maintain their metabolic health and aid in their weight loss journey.
Release has helped me reduce cravings and mindless snacking.
“I have been using Release 3X per day for about a month. It has really helped curb my cravings and leveled out my blood sugar. I have lost about 7 lbs and I am eating much healthier and I don’t feel the need for mindless snacking” ~ Patty
“I have spent years eating right and exercising with no weight loss. I was at my wits end. I saw the GOLO commercial and thought “why not. I’ll give it a try.” I lost 10 pounds the first month and two inches off my waist. The greatest part is that my weight hasn’t been fluctuating like it has in the past. I have been able to eat the proper portions without feeling hungry. I don’t have the urge to snack and I’m satisfied with smaller portions. I actually get full and am able to stop eating. Before GOLO, at times I would eat everything on my plate and still feel hungry or unsatisfied. I’m very pleased with my results, and I continue to lose weight. I would definitely recommend GOLO” ~ Maria