Lunch or Dinner
Air Fryer Onion Rings
Air Fryer Onion RingsServings : 4
Serving Size: 6 onion rings
Each serving contains: 1 protein, 1 carb, 1 veg, 1 fat
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of salt (divided in half)
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 large yellow onion
- You will need three bowls. In the first bowl, combine 1/2 cup of flour, 1 tsp of paprika, and 1/2 tsp of salt and stir
- In the second bowl, mix 1/4 cup of the flour/paprika/salt mixture from the first bowl with 1/2 cup of buttermilk and the egg. Stir well.
- Finally, in the third bowl, combine 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs and 1/2 cup almond flour with 2 Tbsp of olive oil and 1/2 tsp of salt. Stir gently until the oil evenly coats the panko breadcrumbs and almond flour.
- Cut the yellow onion into 1/2-inch-thick slices and separate into individual rings. Taking each ring, toss them into the flour mixture, then dip them in the buttermilk mixture to fully coat them, and then toss them in the breadcrumb/almond flour mix.
- Place your rings into your air fryer (make sure they don't touch). You may not be able to fry them all at once. Fry at 380 degrees for 10 minutes.