The Importance of Eating Breakfast
We all have heard it – breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Is there any truth to this statement? The answer is YES! Here’s why:
• According to the American Heart Association, people who eat breakfast tend to have lower rates of heart disease, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
• If you don’t eat breakfast, you are more prone to overeat later in the day.
• Eating in the morning could lower your risk of Type 2 diabetes, by helping to avoid too many glucose spikes.
• People who eat breakfast tend to be more active during the day, due to the energy they are consuming.
• It might enhance memory, concentration, reasoning, creativity, learning, and verbal abilities according to a study done by the University of Milan in Italy.
• It can help with weight loss. Your body needs fuel to lose weight, so if you skip a meal, your body is more prone to store fat.
The moral of the story is: always eat breakfast!! If you are running late, if there is no time, MAKE TIME to eat something, even just if it is just 2 hard-boiled eggs and a handful of berries.
If you were not a breakfast eater before, what differences have you noticed now that you eat breakfast everyday on the GOLO plan? Let us know in the comments below!
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness.It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the health, wellness & weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.