The Healthiest Wine Choices
Many of us like to relax at the end of the day with a glass of wine. But is this treat unhealthy? There are no nutrition labels to look at so how are you supposed to know? You can find information supporting the health benefits and risks, but most studies agree that 1 glass of wine a day can be a part of a healthy lifestyle. What makes wine healthy? Today, we are going to look at the 4 healthiest wines and why you should choose them!
• Pinot Noir- contains the highest amount of resveratrol, which protects from oxidative stress and free radical damage, can lower the affects of aging, and has a positive effect on estrogen.
• Syrah/Shiraz- has been known to promote healthy cholesterol levels and help prevent coronary heart disease
• Cabernet- contain very high levels of procyanidins, an antioxidant that improves cardiovascular and arterial health
• Merlot- contains several vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, that contain heart-healthy benefits
Tips on choosing a healthier red wine-
1. Choose red, all the above wines are red wines. The darker red, the better.
2. Choose one with an alcohol percentage between 11-14%
3. Choose organic or “sustainably farmed” wines, to lower the risk of pesticides you are exposed to
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the health, wellness & weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.