Shiitake "Bacon" and Egg Breakfast Tacos
Did you know that you can “substitute” shiitake mushrooms for bacon? Read on to find out how!
Shiitake “Bacon” and Egg Breakfast Tacos
Shiitake Bacon Ingredients
- 8 ounces Shiitake Mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Tamari
Other ingredients for tacos
- 3 Large Eggs
- Olive Oil for brushing
- 4 Whole Wheat Tortillas, warmed
- ½ Avocado, sliced
- Microgreens (optional)
- To make the shiitake “bacon”: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk together the tamari and olive oil. Then toss the mushrooms with the mixture until coated. Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet. Roast 30 to 40 minutes or until dark brown and lightly crisp around the edges. Set aside.
- When ready to serve, brush a medium skillet with olive oil and bring to medium heat. Add the eggs and scramble them.
- Assemble the tacos with the eggs, avocado slices, microgreens (optional) and mushrooms.
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.