10 Ways To Use Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are tiny wonders! They contain protein, calcium, Omega-3s, and antioxidants and give you energy, support digestions and even aid in weight loss! Here are some interesting and creative ways to use them:
- Grind your chia seeds into a powder and use them as a thickener
- If you are vegan or just want to try an egg substitute, use 1 tablespoon of ground chia seeds + 3 tablespoons of water per egg in a recipe that requires baking
- Use ground chia seeds instead of breadcrumbs to bind meatballs
- Add it to your Overnight Oats recipe – add 1-2 Tbsp to thicken
- Make homemade energy gel- add a couple of Tbsp. of chia seeds to a cup of coconut water and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Take that, Gatorade!
- Make chia sprouts to add to salads- put some chia seeds in water, drain them and sit them in a jar for a couple of days, every 12 hours add water and drain and in about 2 days you will have little chia sprouts!
- Treat your sweet tooth to a quick and healthy snack- chia pudding. Find an easy recipe here- https://www.eatingbirdfood.com/basic-chia-seed-pudding/
- Add chia seeds to your stir fry to get a little extra protein
- Make a grain-free chia seed pizza crust- http://nyoutritious.com/grain-free-chia-buckwheat-pizza/
- Grind chia seeds to make a chia seed flour
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.