What are clean ingredients?
A frequent term you may hear from the GOLO staff is “clean ingredients.” What exactly does this mean?
A clean ingredient label is one that has the least amount of ingredients possible. It also means simple ingredients (ones that you can recognize and pronounce).
There should be no highly processed ingredients AND the ingredients should be from natural sources. Don’t be fooled by a food product that states that it’s “natural,” because that food product could very well still be processed, which is why it is important to ALWAYS check your ingredients labels.
The good news is that GOLO takes out the guesswork when it comes to clean ingredients. All the foods that we recommend are free from additives, preservatives, artificial colors and flavors, etc.
We suggest consuming food as close to its natural state as possible. This means that a lot of the foods you eat won’t have an ingredient label. But there are some GOLO foods that contain labels (canned beans, tomatoes, hummus, frozen fruits and vegetables, and yogurt for example).
When looking at labels, here is what to avoid:
- Natural Flavors – anything but natural, these flavors are a substance extracted, distilled or similarly derived from plant or animal matter, either as is or after it has been roasted, heated or fermented, and whose function is for flavor, not nutrition.
- Synthetic ingredients- any ingredients that are “man-made.” They may replicate something found in nature, but they are most often produced in a lab. They are cheap to use, but can cause you health problems in the long run.
- Highly processed ingredients- The term “processed” refers to using more ingredients than necessary. For example, instead of achieving an “apple flavored” product with many fake ingredients, one can simply just use an apple.
- Artificial ingredients- Artificial ingredients are created by combining several ingredients to taste like another.
- Added sugar or other sweeteners
For more information on specific ingredients you should avoid, go to this page- https://gocleanlabel.com/whole-foods-clean-label-list/
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.