Want to jump on the #MeatlessMonday band wagon? Here’s a great veggie burger recipe to try from our friends over at Love & Lemons.
Recipe makes 10 patties
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 6 button mushrooms, diced
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- ¾ cup quinoa, cooked
- ½ cup raw walnuts, crushed
- 1 tbsp. chili powder OR cumin
- Olive oil
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-low heat. When heated, add the onion and slowly sauté, and add a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- After about 5 minutes (when the onions are soft), turn up the heat to medium and add the mushrooms. Season with another pinch of salt and pepper and cook until the mushrooms and onions are slightly browned- about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the black beans and mash. (Note: Do not turn beans into a paste, you can keep some halved or whole).
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and add the quinoa, chili powder or cumin, and stir.
- Add the walnuts a little at a time until the mixture is thick and formable.
- Put mixture in the fridge and cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Once the mixture is chilled, form into small patties
- Arrange patties on a baking sheet and brush the tops with olive oil and add another pinch of salt and pepper
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, flipping around the halfway mark
- Serve on small buns or atop mixed greens.
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!