Spicy Shrimp and Avocado Toast
Avocado toast is a pretty popular breakfast on the GOLO plan. For #MealPrepMonday, we want to share a savory way to spice it up!
Spicy Shrimp and Avocado Toast Serving size- 2 pieces
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- ½ of an avocado
- ½ lemon
- Pinch of salt
- 3 oz. shrimp (peeled and tails removed)
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning (recipe below)
- ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Olive oil
GOLO Cajun Seasoning
- ½ cup paprika
- 1/3 cup Pink Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ cup garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. cayenne
- 2 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- Place the raw shrimp in a bowl. Add Cajun seasoning, salt, and olive oil. Mix and set aside for 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet it hot, add a drizzle of olive oil. When the oil is hot, cook the shrimp about 1-2 minutes per side. Set aside the cooked shrimp and squeeze fresh lemon juice over them.
- Mash up your avocado with a pinch of salt and lemon juice from ½ a lemon
- Spread the avocado on top of your toasted whole grain bread, and top the avocado with the spicy shrimp
- Enjoy! GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease.