Spaghetti Squash Cake
Spaghetti Squash never fails to amaze us. Especially since we recently learned it can be used to make cake!
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1 cup whole wheat or spelt flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. allspice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, scoop out the seeds and bake facedown on a greased baking sheet for 25 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Scoop out spaghetti squash strands.
- Measure 2 cups of squash, and set aside.
- Save the rest for another recipe!
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a cake pan with coconut oil and set aside In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and allspice.
- In another bowl, whisk the maple syrup and coconut oil. Add in the eggs. Stir to combine.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the squash.
- Bake for about 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!