Shiitake 'Bacon' and Egg Breakfast Tacos
Did you know that you can “substitute” shiitake mushrooms for bacon? Read on to find out how!
Shiitake “Bacon” and Egg Breakfast Tacos
Shiitake Bacon Ingredients
- 8 ounces Shiitake Mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Tamari
Other ingredients for tacos
- 3 Large Eggs
- Olive Oil for brushing
- 4 Whole Wheat Tortillas, warmed
- ½ Avocado, sliced
- Microgreens (optional)
- To make the shiitake “bacon”: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk together the tamari and olive oil. Then toss the mushrooms with the mixture until coated. Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet. Roast 30 to 40 minutes or until dark brown and lightly crisp around the edges. Set aside.
- When ready to serve, brush a medium skillet with olive oil and bring to medium heat. Add the eggs and scramble them.
- Assemble the tacos with the eggs, avocado slices, microgreens (optional) and mushrooms.
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!