Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato
Shepard’s Pie is definitely a crowd pleaser, and it is also a perfect GOLO meal! Try this healthier take on it today!
Shepherd’s Pie with Sweet Potato
Makes 6 servings
Each serving contains: 2 proteins, 1 carb, 1 veg, 1 fat
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- Sea salt & black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups kale, torn into small pieces
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, baked or boiled
- 2 egg
- 4 tbsp. butter
- In a skillet, brown the ground turkey.
- Add all seasonings, stir to combine and transfer to a large bowl.
- Sauté the onion and kale in the same skillet until slightly soft, remove from skillet and add to the meat mixture.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the skillet, cover and heat on low.
- While the vegetables are cooking, mash the cooked sweet potatoes with butter until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- When the vegetables are done, transfer to the bowl with the meat mixture. Add the egg and stir to combine.
- Pour the meat/vegetable mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and spread the mashed sweet potatoes over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!