Natural Acid Reflux Remedies
Having acid reflux is a pain in the neck… or should I say pain in the chest? It is defined as a digestive disease in which stomach acid or bile irritates the food pipe lining. Ouch!
The lining of our stomach is specially adapted to protect it from the powerful acid, but the esophagus does not have this advantage. The gastroesophageal sphincter, a ring of muscle, normally acts as a valve that lets food into the stomach but not back up into the esophagus. When this valve fails, and stomach contents are regurgitated into the esophagus, the symptoms of acid reflux are felt, such as heartburn. This is a very common condition, and luckily, there are natural ways to prevent symptoms:
• Aloe vera Juice- acts as a coolant and reduces inflammation in the stomach. Make sure to only use aloe vera juice that is specifically for internal use.
• Pineapple juice- Pineapple contains bromelain, which is an enzyme that helps control levels of hydrochloric acid in your stomach.
• Vegetable juice- Vegetable juices, like raw potato, celery and cabbage are very alkaline and are helpful in correcting an acidic stomach.
• Apples- Just a slice of apple can calm down acid production and reduce the burning sensation. Apples neutralize the acid in your stomach in about 5 minutes.
• Bananas- act as a natural antacid.
• Chamomile- helps to neutralize stomach acid.
• Ginger- the compounds in ginger help to relieve gastrointestinal irritation and lessen gastric contractions, which means you are less likely to have the acid go from your stomach to esophagus.
• Almonds- their high oil content neutralizes stomach acid.
• Baking soda- mix ½ teaspoon into a glass of water to neutralize stomach acid
. • Turmeric- helps to prevent acid build-up.
Next time you get that uncomfortable burning, consider trying one of these remedies! Or have you tried them before? What works for you?
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!