By now you have probably heard of the multitude of benefits that come with consuming bone broth – but have you heard of mushroom broth?
Making a mushroom broth is an easy way to absorb all of the nutrients that mushrooms have to offer. And if you are plant based, this broth provides a great base for many soups without any animal products!
It has a savory and nutty flavor and it can be served hot or cold – you can drink it plain or you can use it as stock for a soup.
Recipe makes 8 cups
- 8 cups water
- 4 large reishi mushroom slices
- 8 to 10 shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dried chaga mushrooms
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup celery with tops, roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots, roughly chopped
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp white or red miso paste
Place all of the ingredients in a slow cooker on low. Cook for 3 hours, stirring once every hour.
Strain contents through a strainer. Reserve broth. Discard everything except for the shiitake mushrooms, which can be saved for future dishes.
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
Recipe reference: https://www.ecowatch.com/mushroom-broth-2628055273.html