How to Naturally Relieve Seasonal Allergy Symptoms
Over 20 million adults in the US suffer from seasonal allergies… are you one of them? We are quickly approaching warmer weather, which means freshly cut grass, blooming trees and flowers, pollen in the air and a lot of us will probably be dealing with itchy, watery eyes and sneezing. Usually these symptoms are treated with antihistamines, decongestants and in the really severe cases, corticosteroids. However, these can cause drowsiness, dryness of the mouth, restlessness, heart palpitations and insomnia. Fortunately, like almost every other condition out there, there are natural ways to treat the symptoms.
• Neti-pot- Using a Neti pot is very effective in relieving nasal congestion (find out how to use one here: https://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Neti-Pot)
• Essential Oils- Diffusing oils such as menthol, eucalyptus, lavender and peppermint help to open up the nasal passages and lungs
• Acupuncture- This ancient Chinese practice has been proven to alleviate allergy symptoms. It aims to manipulate the flow of energy, or Qi, in your body.
• Eating local honey- contains local pollen, which is one of the major sources of allergy symptoms, and allows you to build up an immunity
You can also try supplements such as:
• Spirulina- this popular seaweed can actually stop the release of histamine, which is what causes allergy symptoms
• Butterbur- this plant has been found to be as effective as OTC allergy medications
• Probiotics- these modify the good bacteria in your gut and help boost your immune system
• Bromelain- found in pineapple, this enzyme helps to reduce swelling in the nose and sinuses
DISCLAIMER- DO NOT stop taking any prescribed allergy medication prior to consulting with your physician.
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou. Be sure to check back in next Wednesday for some more #Wellness tips!
Visit GOLO.com to access all the health, wellness & weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
1-800-730-GOLO (4656) email@example.com