How to Detox Your Armpits and Make Your Own Deoderant
We all know that detox is a good thing. It rids us of toxins so we can get healthier and feel better. One place you don’t really think of needing to detox- your armpits. Yes, you read that correctly. You might be thinking, “Why would I need to detox my armpits?” The reason is the harmful ingredients that store-bought deodorants contain.
The short list includes:
- Aluminum- has been linked to osteoporosis and Alzheimer’s
- Parabens- an endocrine disruptor that interferes with hormone production
- Phthalates- another endocrine disruptor, linked to infertility
- Propylene Glycol- a neurotoxin linked to kidney and liver damage
- Formaldehyde- a known carcinogen Anything that we put on our skin can be absorbed into our bloodstream.
I don’t know about you, but I do not want any of those ingredients on or in my body! On top of that, there are lymph nodes in your armpits and around the neck, which play an important role in fighting off disease, so this toxic combination can also affect your immune responses.
Now you’re probably thinking, “I can just switch to a natural deodorant.” Yes, that seems to be the most obvious answer, but after using commercial deodorant for years upon years, switching to a natural deodorant right away can cause itchy rashes, excessive sweat, and sweat that carries a very potent odor. The correct way to go about it is an armpit detox. It is very simple and will minimize the discomfort. All you need is bentonite clay (I bought mine on Amazon), apple cider vinegar and water! You mix 1 tbsp. bentonite clay, 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar, and 1-2 tbsp. water (to get the right consistency). Spread an even layer on your armpits and let it sit for 5-20 minutes. Then wash it off in the shower. Repeat daily until underarm odor goes away. That is when you can start with a natural deodorant. Or, you can make your own! Read on to find out how.
To make your own deodorant you will need the following:
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Shea Butter
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Beeswax
- 5 Drops Vitamin E Oil
- 8-15 drops of your preferred essential oil
- An empty deodorant container or jar
- Use a double boiler to melt beeswax, shea butter and coconut oil.
- Once all three ingredients are completely melted, remove them from the heat to cool.
- Add vitamin E oil and essential oils to the melted oils and beeswax.
- Mix well and carefully pour the into deodorant container or jar
- Let it harden and apply it like normal deodorant or if it is in jar, scoop some out with your fingers and apply a thin coat.
**Bentonite clay is one of the most effective and healing clays found on this planet. If you have sensitive skin or any other concerns, please consult with a physician before trying.**
For more information, please go to https://wellnessmama.com/25432/detox-your-armpits/
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the health, wellness & weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
1-800-730-GOLO (4656) email@example.com