Green Mac & CheeseOctober 18, 2019
If you’re like me, someone who isn’t the biggest fan of veggies but knows how important they are, then you are going to love this recipe! This recipe gives you the comforting taste of mac and cheese while also providing added nutrition with the hidden veggies! Besides the green color, you would never know they are there.
Green Mac & Cheese
Makes 8 servings
Serving size: ½ cup
Each serving contains: 1 protein, 1 carb, ½ veg, ½ fat
- 4 cups fresh spinach, packed
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 1 ¾ cups whole milk
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 4 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
- In a food processor, combine the spinach, parsley, and 3/4 cup milk and process until evenly mixed (add a little bit of spinach at a time).
- In a large pot, bring water and 1 tbsp. salt to a boil over high heat. Add the macaroni and cook for around 6-7 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a large pot, combine the butter and flour on medium-high heat, and stir until the mixture has become golden brown.
- Add 1 cups milk, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, pepper and salt to the pot and stir until well incorporated.
- Add in the cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Add in the spinach mixture and stir until the green color is consistent.
- Mix in the pasta and pour into a casserole dish.
- Top the macaroni with mozzarella and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.