We all know to brush our hair and our teeth, but do we ever think about brushing our skin? If you’ve never heard of dry brushing, read on to find out why you should…
- Lymphatic Support- The lymph system is a huge part of the body’s immune system. It is made up of organs and lymph nodes, ducts and vessels that transport lymphatic fluid throughout the body. Many of the vessels run just below the skin, and dry brushing can help to stimulate the lymph flow and help the body detoxify itself naturally.
- Exfoliation- The process of running a firm, natural bristled brush over the skin helps to remove dead skin cells, which naturally exfoliates the skin.
- Clean & Smaller Pores- Dry brushing can clear oil, dirt, and other residues from your pores.
- Increased Circulation- The fluid motions of dry brushing has been known to increase circulation to your skin.
- Natural Energy Boost- This could be due to the increased circulation
What kind of brush should I use?
If you decide to try dry-brushing, it’s important that you choose the right kind of brush. As stated before, the brush should have bristles made from natural material, and the bristles should be firm. You can either look for one with a long handle so you can reach your back and the bottom of your feet, or you can get a smaller one that fits in the palm of your hand.
How do I do it?
When brushing, always brush towards your heart, which is going to be the best for your circulation and lymphatic system. Start at your feet and work your way up your legs, to your arms, chest, back and stomach. Avoid brushing your face or any areas with irritations or abrasions.
Have you ever heard of this practice? Do you think you will try it? Let us know in the comments below!
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
“A Step-By-Step Guide to Dry Skin Brushing to Get the Most Benefits.” Mindbodygreen, 19 Feb. 2014, www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12675/a-stepbystep-guide-to-dry-skin-brushing.html. Accessed 19 Jan. 2022.
Wellness Team. “The Truth about Dry Brushing and What It Does for You.” Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic, Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic, 26 Jan. 2015, health.clevelandclinic.org/the-truth-about-dry-brushing-and-what-it-does-for-you/.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!