CBD OilOctober 11, 2018
Have you ever heard of cannabidiol or as it is more commonly known, CBD oil? It is quickly gaining popularity because of all the amazing benefits it offers! (We understand that topics like this can be controversial, so if you are not interested in learning about this subject, please feel free to skip this article)
CBD oil is often misunderstood. It’s important to understand is that there are two types of CBD, and the one we are referring to is the one that is hemp-based (but is not the same as the hemp oil that you may cook with). It does NOT contain THC (the psychoactive chemical in cannabis), it is legal in all 50 states, and can be grown and shipped anywhere.
So, what are the benefits?
1. Relief from chronic pain- CBD oil can relieve chronic pain caused by diseases such as fibromyalgia and may even prevent nervous system degeneration.
2. Reduces anxiety and depression- CBD has been shown to reduce levels of stress and anxiety in those suffering from conditions such as PTSD, social anxiety disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
3. Fights drug resistant bacteria- Researchers discovered that cannabinoids (including CBD) have an unusual ability to destroy bacteria (especially drug-resistant strains).
4. Reduces inflammation- Research also shows that CBD can reduce chronic inflammation that leads to disease.
5. Reduces oxidative stress- A 2010 study shows that CBD acts as an antioxidant and another study found CBD has neuroprotective qualities. So, CBD can reduce neurological damage caused by free radicals.
6. Promotes a healthy weight- Cannabidiol can help maintain healthy blood sugar, stimulates genes and proteins that helps break down fat, and increase mitochondria that helps burn calories.
7. Improves heart health- According to research cannabidiol reduces artery blockage, reduces stress induced cardiovascular response, and can reduce blood pressure. It may also reduce cholesterol.
8. Improves skin conditions- Studies show CBD can help treat conditions like eczema by encouraging abnormal cell death. It can also help regulate the skin’s oil production, reducing acne. CBD also contains many nutrients like vitamin E that help improve and protect the skin.
According to a ton of research, CBD provides natural relief to a number of conditions, with NO side effects! You really cannot beat that!
How does it work?
The reason that cannabis benefits so many different ailments boils down to the fact that a class of chemicals produced in the cannabis plant mimic chemicals in the human body called endocannabinoids. These endocannabinoids along with a series of enzymes and receptors throughout the body make up the Endocannabinoid system or the ECS, which serves as a primary biological harm reduction system tasked with bringing the body back into balance or homeostasis whenever it is challenged by stress, infection, injury or lifestyle. It regulates, modulates or plays a role in every major biological function of the human body including but not limited to pain control, mood, immune function, appetite reward, temperature regulation, memory, inflammation regulation and neuroprotection. The ECS is critical to human survival. At the most basic level it controls how we eat, sleep, relax, forget and protect ourselves.
How do you consume it and where do you get it?
There are many ways to consume CBD oil. You can swallow it, hold it under your tongue, vape it, chew CBD gum, mix the oil with food or drink, rub CBD lotion onto your skin or take a CBD supplement. CBD is widely available online, but there may be a few stores where it is sold and/or distributors in your area. It just takes a little research to find it since it is still fairly new to market. The most important this is that you make sure to distinguish a high-quality CBD from a poor-quality CBD. (It’s a little like essential oils – you have to weed through all the bargain brands and the good stuff costs a bit more.) Here’s what to look for:
1. You get what you pay for. Look for quality, not low prices, and higher concentrations.
2. Look for “whole plant” or “full plant extraction” on the label. The best CBD oil is made from the entire hemp plant.
3. Check for third-party lab results when buying quality CBD. A high-quality brand of CBD will always provide third-party lab results to their consumers. Some laboratories finds favorable results, while some products fail these tests. These independent labs exist to ensure that CBD oil is everything it claims to be, with a high level of CBD, no THC, and lacking in impurities that can be harmful to consumers.
Disclaimer- While CBD is natural and generally safe, it is suggested that you speak with a physician before you consider using CBD if you are taking any medications or have any type of health condition.
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the health, wellness & weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.