Back to Meal Prep
Banana Breakfast BarsNovember 29, 2018
Breakfast bar recipes seem to be pretty popular around here, so today we are sharing a recipe for Banana Breakfast Bars! Ingredients
- 2 medium bananas (preferably spotted and a little past their prime)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (plus more for greasing)
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking pan with coconut oil.
- Place bananas in a large bowl and mash them until only small chunks remain. Stir in coconut oil and brown sugar. Add egg, vanilla and salt and stir until combined. Stir in baking soda. Add flour and oats and stir until mixed.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until edges are brown and the center is firm.
- Cool completely
- Cut into 12 bars.
- Enjoy within 2 days or freeze for up to one month