Today’s topic is aquatic fitness- have you ever tried it? Not only is it fun and it burns a lot of calories, but there are other health-related benefits too:
1. Healthy heart rate- when you are in cool water, the blood moves through the body at a faster rate to warm up, so it keeps your heart pumping!
2. Low Impact- Due to the buoyancy of water, there is no stress on the joints, so if you are someone who experiences joint pain, this is the perfect exercise for you.
3. Less room for injury- Pools provide a “soft” environment for workouts. You do not have to worry about falling, and the water can provide relief for fatigue because it is supporting so much of your body’s weight.
4. Stress Relief- Exercise releases “happy” chemicals in the brain, and the movement of water over your body results in both relaxation and massage.
5. No equipment necessary- You don’t need anything except a pool and yourself! The resistance of the water is very effective for weight loss, cardio, and strength training.
Have you ever tried aquatic fitness classes? Are you going to? Let us know in the comments below!
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou. Be sure to check back in next Thursday for some more #TryThis tips!
Visit GOLO.com to access all the health, wellness & weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
1-800-730-GOLO (4656) firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Please consult with a physician before beginning any exercise program. No information is to be taken as medical advice pertaining to any individual specific health or medical condition. By participating in this program, you are agreeing that you are practicing at your own risk and do not hold GOLO responsible to any and all losses, liabilities, injuries or damages resulting from any and all claims.