A Date With DestinyOctober 26, 2017
Let’s talk about dates. And no, I’m not talking about making awkward conversation at some crowded restaurant. I’m talking about the nutrition-packed, sweet-tasting fruit. People have been using dates for nutritional purposes since 6000 BC. So, what makes them so great? Let’s find out:
• Digestive health- Dates are rich in fiber, which is good for your gastrointestinal system and can keep you regular.
• Anti-Inflammatory- They are also rich in magnesium, which is known for its anti-inflammatory benefits.
• Blood pressure- The potassium, magnesium, and iron in dates have the potential to help regulate blood pressure.
• Brain Health- The vitamin B6 that dates contain can help improve your brain performance.
• Eye Health – The vitamin A in this glorious fruit can help support eye health.
Dates can be eaten either fresh or dried, like a raisin. There are a variety of ways to add them into your diet. You can bake them into muffins or desserts, you can juice them or add them to your smoothies. You can add them to salads, sandwiches or pasta. You can puree them and use them as a sauce or pour them on your pancakes. The possibilities are endless! Do you eat dates? If you do, tell us how you incorporate them below!
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!
GOLO is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any illness or disease. This blog provides general information and discussion about health and wellness related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. GOLO encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. All opinions and articles linked to and from this page are those of the individuals concerned and do not necessarily represent those of GOLO, LLC or its employees. No responsibility can be accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing this page. GOLO will not be liable for any errors, losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.