A Date With Destiny
Let’s talk about dates. And no, I’m not talking about making awkward conversation at some crowded restaurant. I’m talking about the nutrition-packed, sweet-tasting fruit. People have been using dates for nutritional purposes since 6000 BC. So, what makes them so great? Let’s find out:
• Digestive health- Dates are rich in fiber, which is good for your gastrointestinal system and can keep you regular.
• Anti-Inflammatory- They are also rich in magnesium, which is known for its anti-inflammatory benefits.
• Blood pressure- The potassium, magnesium, and iron in dates have the potential to help regulate blood pressure.
• Brain Health- The vitamin B6 that dates contain can help improve your brain performance.
• Eye Health – The vitamin A in this glorious fruit can help support eye health.
Dates can be eaten either fresh or dried, like a raisin. There are a variety of ways to add them into your diet. You can bake them into muffins or desserts, you can juice them or add them to your smoothies. You can add them to salads, sandwiches or pasta. You can puree them and use them as a sauce or pour them on your pancakes. The possibilities are endless! Do you eat dates? If you do, tell us how you incorporate them below!
GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. It’s time to become #YourBestYou.
Visit GOLO.com to access all the weight loss tools GOLO has to offer!